Saucy Vegetable Medley is a delicious combination of flavors that is packed with nutrition. This dish is perfect to serve on quinoa for an added protein boost. My husband created this dish and we have been tweaking the recipe until we reached this dish. It is a favorite in our house, I hope it becomes a favorite in yours.
As a note, the timing of the sautéing and simmering in the recipe is based on how long it takes me to prepare the next items. I like to let the onions, kidney beans and corn cook for the most amount of time and then barely cook the tomatoes and garlic. Cooking garlic can diminish its health benefits, it is best to eat it raw or barely cooked. I like to munch on a clove of raw garlic as I am chopping.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan at medium heat.
- Add onions, sauté for five minutes.
- Add kidney beans and corn, sauté for 8 minutes.
- Add green pepper, vodka sauce, braggs, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and seasoning. Turn the heat down to low and continue simmering.
- Add garlic, simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Taste to ensure seasoning is to your liking, adjust if needed.
- Serve immediately on top of quinoa or cool and refrigerate for later consumption.
- 1 can of light red kidney beans (15.5 oz), drained and rinsed.
- 1 can of whole kernel sweet corn, no salt added (15.25 oz), ¾ drained
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Olive oil
- Bragg Liquid Amino
- 1/3 cup Vodka pasta sauce – Classico brand
- 1/8 cup of nutritional yeast
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- Ground red pepper, to taste