I am always looking for new ways to enjoy vegetables. One of my new favorite techniques is to roast vegetables. This recipe is for roasted zucchini, but it can translate to other types of vegetables. I love serving roasted zucchini as an appetizer or a side dish.
There are different ways to cut the zucchini depending on how you will serve them. I like to cut them into quarters lengthwise, this creates perfect finger food. You can cut them in half for a more chunky look, this is best if you are serving as a side dish. Or you can cut them cross wise into coin shaped pieces which is a very versatile cut as well.
Coat the baking sheet in a thin layer of olive oil so the zucchini does not stick to it. Place the cut zucchini on the baking sheet. Now you will sprinkle on the seasons. I love to use sea salt, ground pepper and curry. This creates a unique, slightly spicy flavor.
You should have the oven preheated to 350 degrees with the tray in the middle. Roast the zucchini for 25-30 minutes. You want to zucchini to have a nice brown/crisp look. Serve the zucchini while it is still warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat the baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt, fresh ground pepper and curry to taste.
- Place into oven and bake until crisp, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Curry, to taste