When I get a craving for tacos, I make my signature fresh vegan tacos. The first time I made these, it was a selfish effort to satisfy my craving for tacos without spending money to go out to eat. When my fiancé asked to have the fresh vegan tacos again, the very next day, I knew I had a winner!
We like to incorporate raw vegetables in our diet as much as possible since cooking food destroys some of its nutrients. This is an easy meal that is great for an interactive family dinner.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan at medium heat.
- Add vegetarian grain meat sausages, cook on both sides until it is golden brown. Remove and cool in a serving bowl.
- Chop lettuce, purple cabbage, onion, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno pepper and cut a lime in half.
- Place all of the ingredients, in various serving dishes, and the flat bread on the dining room table for self-service. I like to make two tacos at a time, adding a squeeze of lime, a sprinkle of sea salt and a touch of sriracha sauce.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ head of purple cabbage, chopped
- ½ large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, chopped
- 1 lime, cut in half, to taste
- 3 Original Field Roast Grain Meat Co. vegetarian grain meat sausages, Italian flavor, chopped (these are amazingly yummy and make with real vegetables, all ingredients you can pronounce!)
- Mission 100% whole wheat flour tortillas (be sure to check the calories when purchasing tortillas, some are deceivingly high in calories)
- Olive oil
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste